Joomla! Basics All Day Class
September 23, 2017
Learn how to build a real website in a day with Joomla - The worlds #1 platform for web developers. Go beyond do it yourself website builders and fall in love with Joomla! The Joomla content management system currently powers over 5.5 million websites and the Joomla software is downloaded every 3 seconds.
This day long session will provide you with the knowledge and skills to build a professional site for yourself and even clients. At the end of the training you will have your own fully functional dynamic website running on Joomla and hosted for free by cloudaccess.net!
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Joomla answering key questions: What? Who? When? Why?
- Navigating the Joomla interface
- Setting up and organizing Joomla content
- Adding content articles with formatting and text
- Choosing and using with Joomla components
- Choosing and using Joomla modules and plugins
- Choosing and using Joomla templates
- Workflow: An introduction to the Joomla workflow for building complete, advanced sites.
- Advanced content editing and management. We'll add extra features to Joomla's content editing, including improved multimedia, document, image and link-handling options.
- Understanding components and using advanced Joomla components. We'll create a community site by adding user profiles, social networking and comments.
- Understanding modules and using advanced Joomla modules. In this class we show how flexible the modules can be. We control them in advanced ways, choosing who can see them and setting publish and unpublish dates.
- Understanding plugins and using advanced Joomla plugins. We'll explain each of the different kinds of Joomla plugins using several different examples. We'll see how to create slideshows and video displays and spice up content items with extra features.
- Joomla Access Control Levels. We'll use the new permission levels in Joomla to accurately control what users can and cannot do on our sites.
- Joomla Site Maintenance. How to update, backup, secure and correctly configure your Joomla site.